The Congenital Hyperinsulinism Treatment market is estimated to be valued at US$ 217.74 Mn in 2023 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.7% over the forecast period 2023 to 2030, as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
The congenital hyperinsulinism treatment market consists of drugs used to treat congenital hyperinsulinism (CHI). CHI is a rare genetic condition in which the pancreas releases excessive insulin. Some key treatment options include diazoxide, somatostatin analogues, and pancreatic resection surgery. Rapid diagnosis and treatment is important to prevent hypoglycemia in infants with CHI.
The congenital hyperinsulinism treatment market is driven by the increasing prevalence of congenital hyperinsulinism and rising demand for effective treatment options. According to rare disease organization, CHI affects about 1 in 50,000 newborns. Furthermore, increasing research and development activities for novel therapeutics is also expected to contribute to the market growth over the forecast period. Some of the major players are focusing on developing long-acting somatostatin analogues and glucagon analogues to improve treatment outcomes in CHI patients. Additionally, increasing awareness about rare diseases and government support for orphan drugs development is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities for players in the market.
- Growing awareness about congenital hyperinsulinism and benefits of early diagnosis and treatment.
- Advancements in therapeutic options such as diazoxide, everolimus, sirolimus are leading to better management of the condition.
- Increasing research funding for development of novel drugs.
- Lack of definitive treatment and reliance on symptomatic treatment options.
- High cost of new emerging drugs limiting widespread adoption.
- Untapped markets in developing regions present lucrative growth opportunities.
- Potential of new drug candidates in pipeline to address unmet needs.
- Stringent regulatory approval process for new drugs delaying market entry.
- Threat of substitute therapies and generic competition.
The global Congenital Hyperinsulinism Treatment market is expected to witness high growth, exhibiting CAGR of 5.7% over the forecast period, due to increasing prevalence of congenital hyperinsulinism worldwide. As per estimates, around 1 in 50,000 live births are affected by CHI.
North America dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share in 2023 owing to presence of major market players and availability of advanced treatment options in the region. However, Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at the fastest pace during the forecast period supported by growing GDP, healthcare spending and increasing research funding in countries such as India, China and Japan.
Key players operating in the Congenital Hyperinsulinism Treatment market are Zealand Pharma A/S, Eli Lilly and Company, Xeris Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Rezolute, Inc., Hanmi Pharm.Co., Ltd., Fresenius Kabi AG, Eiger BioPharmaceuticals., Crinetics Pharmaceuticals, Inc., AmideBio,LLC, Jolly Healthcare, e5 Pharma,LLC, Merck & Co.,Inc., Novo Nordisk A/S, Amphaster Pharmaceuticals,Inc., USV Private Limited, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
1. Source: Coherent Market Insights, Public sources, Desk research
2. We have leveraged AI tools to mine information and compile it