The Server PCB market is estimated to be valued at US$ 45.22 Bn in 2023 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 7.5% over the forecast period 2023 to 2030, as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Server PCBs are used in data servers that provide data processing, storage and networking capabilities to host data centers. They help data centers process large volumes of data and deliver content and applications to consumers. Data centers use racks of servers and rely on PCBs to power the computing capabilities.
The server PCB market is driven by the rising demand for data centers globally. As digitization and internet penetration increases, there is more data being generated every day. This has led to growing need for data storage and high performance computing. Data centers house servers to manage this influx of data. According to a report, the number of operating data centers globally is expected to exceed 20,000 by 2025. This massive increase in data centers will require more servers which in turn will drive the demand for server PCBs in the coming years. Another key driver is the increased migrations to cloud-based services which store consumer data on servers located in data centers. This has also contributed to higher investments in data center infrastructure and capacity expansion. Server PCB manufacturers are coming up with innovations like stacked PCB design, improved heat dissipation and miniature server boards to enhance performance for data intensive applications.
- Strength: The server PCB market has strong demand from data centers which are experiencing rapid growth. Server PCBs enable advanced computing power and high reliability for data processing applications. Leading players have advanced technological capabilities to manufacture high-density server boards.
- Weakness: Frequent technological upgradations lead to short life cycles of server PCBs. Significant R&D investments are required to integrate latest technologies in server boards. Supply chain disruptions impacted material availability for some players during the pandemic.
- Opportunity: Growth of 5G networks and emergence of edge computing are opening new areas for deploying server infrastructure. Adoption of AI, ML and high performance computingWorkloads is driving the need for upgraded server hardware. Some players are focusing on customized server boards for specialized application workloads.
- Threats: Intense competition from domestic and international players limits pricing flexibility and margins. Ongoing trade tensions impact supply routes for some major manufacturing locations.
The Global Server PCB Market Size is expected to witness high growth, exhibiting CAGR of 7.5% over the forecast period, due to increasing investments in digital transformation and migration to cloud-based solutions by enterprises. The market size for server PCBs is projected to reach US$ 45.22 Billion by 2023.
Regional analysis indicates that Asia Pacific dominated more than 45% of the server PCB market share in 2022 due to presence of leading manufacturing countries like China and Taiwan. China, Taiwan, South Korea and Japan are major production and exporting nations for server PCBs. North America and Europe are other major consuming regions while market is growing rapidly in developing countries as well.
Key players operating in the server PCB market are Nanya PCB (Taiwan), Tripod Technology Corporation (Taiwan), Unimicron Technology Corporation (Taiwan), Ibiden Co., Ltd. (Japan), Compeq Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (Taiwan), TTM Technologies, Inc. (United States), Kingboard Holdings Limited (Hong Kong), Shennan Circuits Company Limited (China), AT&S Austria Technologie & Systemtechnik AG (Austria), Multek (a subsidiary of Flex Ltd.) (United States). The players are focusing on developing advanced design and fabrication technologies to gain competitive edge.
1. Source: Coherent Market Insights, Public sources, Desk research
2. We have leveraged AI tools to mine information and compile it