The bath bombs market has witnessed significant growth over recent years. Bath bombs are essentially fizzy or effervescent products that are intended to be dropped into a bath filled with warm water. The ingredients used for their formulation usually include citric acid, bicarbonate of soda, essential oils, colouring agents and other natural additives. As the bath bomb dissolves in water, it releases luxurious foaming action coupled with therapeutic scents that help relax sore muscles and relieve stress. The unique fizzing and colour-changing properties of bath bombs provide an exciting and spa-like bathing experience at home.
The Global Bath Bombs Market is estimated to be valued at US$ 138.36 Bn in 2024 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.0% over the forecast period 2023 to 2030.
Market key trends
One of the major trends gaining traction in the bath bombs market is the usage of natural ingredients. Consumers are increasingly preferring organic, vegan and cruelty-free formulations in bath bombs to reduce toxins and for environmentally-responsible bathing. Manufacturers are differentiating their offerings from competitors by incorporating premium natural oil blends, herb and floral extracts for aromatherapy benefits. This emphasis on clean and green positioning through natural ingredients is poised to shape the future growth trajectory of the global bath bombs market.
- Threat of new entrants: Bath bomb making requires relatively small investment making entry easy. However, established players have strong brand reputation and distribution networks.
- Bargaining power of buyers: Buyers have moderate bargaining power as there are many established brands to choose from offering varied products at different price points.
- Bargaining power of suppliers: Key raw materials suppliers like essential oils producers have some bargaining power given limited alternatives.
- Threat of new substitutes: Threat is moderate as products like candles, soaps provide similar aromatherapy and relaxant effects without disrupting the bath.
- Competitive rivalry: Intense as major brands compete on product variations, innovations, attractive packaging and marketing.
Key players operating in the Bath Bombs are Lush Ltd., Body Shop International Limited, The Village Company LLC, Pearl Bath Bombs, Hugo Naturals, Level Naturals, Swanky Sweet Pea, Heavenly Bubbles Ltd, The Natural Soap Company, and Oliver Rocket LLC. Constant product innovation and indulging scented formulations have helped these brands capture a major chunk of the growing bath bombs market.
The demand for bath bombs is being driven by the rising popularity of wellness, self-care and beauty products. Millennials and Gen-Z consumers are willing to spend more on premium bath and body care products for stress relief and relaxation. E-commerce platforms are further boosting the accessibility of niche wellness brands.
Globally, the bath bombs market continues to witness robust expansion, primarily in North America and Western European countries. However, manufacturers are also focusing on tapping opportunities in Asia Pacific and Latin American regions where the adoption of such beauty and wellness products is on a rise. Launch of gifting packs and travel retail formats will help boost the ‘instant indulgence’ appeal of bath bombs.
North America currently holds the largest share of the global bath bombs market in terms of value owing to high spending capability and wellness centric lifestyles in countries like US and Canada.
Asia Pacific is poised to be the fastest growing regional market for bath bombs between 2023-2030. Rapid economic development, rising disposable incomes, and growing popularity of self-care products are driving higher demand especially in populous nations like China and India.
1. Source: Coherent Market Insights, Public sources, Desk research
2. We have leveraged AI tools to mine information and compile it