Food stabilizers are substances added to food products to stabilize them and improve their quality and texture. Stabilizers help to preserve the consistency and structure of food products by providing viscosity or gel formation. They are commonly used in products like yogurt, ice cream, salad dressings, sauces, dairy products, and confectioneries. Food stabilizers prevent spoilage and extend the shelf life of foods while retaining their desired organoleptic and textural properties. They help emulsify mixtures of water and oil, prevent crystallization, control acidity, and protect flavors. The versatility and functional benefits offered by stabilizers have led to their widespread adoption across the food industry.
The global Food Stabilizer Market is estimated to be valued at US$ 9.5 Billion in 2023 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.9% over the forecast period 2023 to 2030, as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Market key trends:
One of the key trends in the food stabilizer market is the growing demand for clean label and natural ingredients. Consumers are increasingly becoming aware of artificial ingredients in their food and are opting for products with simple and recognizable ingredients. This has prompted manufacturers to replace synthetic stabilizers with natural alternatives. Seaweed extract, fruit and vegetable purees, and gums extracted from plants are some of the natural ingredients gaining popularity as stabilizers. Their effectiveness in controlling food texture with perceived natural or clean label positioning gives them an advantage over synthetic counterparts. Furthermore, advances in technology have enhanced the functionalities of natural stabilizers, expanding their applications in the food industry
- Threat of new entrants: The food stabilizer market has high production and regulatory costs, which pose barriers for new players.
- Bargaining power of buyers: Buyers have moderate bargaining power due to presence of several established players offering differentiated products.
- Bargaining power of suppliers: Suppliers have low to moderate bargaining power due to availability of substitute raw materials.
- Threat of new substitutes: Potential threat from substitute stabilizers such as hydrocolloids and gums, which offer similar functional benefits.
- Competitive rivalry: Intense competition among existing players to develop advanced and cost-effective food stabilizers.
The global food stabilizer market is expected to witness high growth. The market is projected to reach a value of US$ 9.5 billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period.
Regional analysis: Asia Pacific dominates the global market and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. Countries like China and India offer immense growth opportunities owing to growing food processing industries in these nations.
Key players: Key players operating in the food stabilizer market are BASF SE, Cargill Inc., Celanese Corporation, Chr. Hansen A/S, DuPont, JEY’S F.I. INC, Kerry Group, Koninklijke DSM N.V, and The Archer Daniels Midland Company. These players are focused on new product launches and expansions to strengthen their market position.
1. Source: Coherent Market Insights, Public sources, Desk research
2. We have leveraged AI tools to mine information and compile it