Trawl ropes and nets are an essential part of commercial fishing and seafood production. Trawl ropes and nets are used to drag large fishing nets through the water column to catch a wide range of fish and seafood products. The growing global demand for seafood has led to increased commercial fishing efforts requiring durable and reliable trawl ropes and nets. Trawl ropes and nets come in a variety of designs and materials to target specific species in different ecosystems and environments. Nylon and polyester are commonly used materials that provide strength, buoyancy and durability for fishing in saltwater environments. The global trawl ropes and nets market enables large scale seafood harvesting to meet rising consumer demand. The global trawl ropes and nets market is estimated to be valued at US$359.05 million in 2023 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.2% over the forecast period 2023 to 2030, as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Market key trends:
One of the key trends in the trawl ropes and nets market is innovations in material compositions and designs. Manufacturers are developing ropes and nets made from lighter and stronger synthetic materials like UHMWPE and Dyneema to reduce weight and improve durability. Lighter materials allow fishermen to deploy larger nets requiring less physical strength. New net designs are also being introduced with different mesh sizes and shapes to selectively catch target species while releasing bycatch. Advances in net design aim to improve fishing efficiency and sustainability. Stronger synthetic fiber compositions likewise extend product lifespan lowering overall fishing costs. These innovations in materials and designs cater to changing fishing regulations and practices supporting a higher yield, lower impact trawl ropes and nets industry.
- Threat of new entrants: Fishing nets and ropes require significant investment in R&D and raw materials. Established players have economies of scale and brand recognition which pose barriers for new entrants.
- Bargaining power of buyers: Buyers have moderate bargaining power due to availability of substitute products. However, compliance with quality and safety standards provides some differentiation.
- Bargaining power of suppliers: A few key suppliers dominate the global production of raw materials like nylon, polyester and polypropylene used in nets and ropes. This gives them stronger negotiating power.
- Threat of new substitutes: Technologies focusing on fish preservation and animal welfare offer alternative solutions. However, nets and ropes continue to be most viable for commercial fishing.
- Competitive rivalry: The market is moderately competitive with focus on innovation, safety, and customization. Regional players dominate local markets.
The global Trawl Ropes and Nets market is expected to witness high growth.
Regional analysis: The Asia Pacific region accounts for over 45% market share led by China, India and Japan. Wide coastlines, developed fishing infrastructure and large domestic seafood markets make Asia Pacific most lucrative. Europe and North America are also major markets though growth rates lag developing regions.
Key players operating in the Trawl Ropes and Nets are Koninklijke DSM N.V.,Jaya Nets Sdn. Bhd,Nitto Seimo Co., Ltd,Hampidjan Group,Carlsen Net A/S,King Chou Marine Technology,Azuka Synthetics LLP,LFS Inc.,Akvaservis,Asia One Marine (HK),AIMI Ltd (UK). Key players are focusing on certification compliance and specialized materials to strengthen customer loyalty in competitive markets.
1. Source: Coherent Market Insights, Public sources, Desk research
2. We have leveraged AI tools to mine information and compile it