Household cleaners such as all-purpose cleaners, bathroom cleaners, glass cleaners, floor cleaners and other specialized cleaners help in maintaining hygiene and cleanliness in homes. These cleaners are formulated with active ingredients that kill germs and remove dirt and stains from various surfaces. The increasing consumer awareness about health hazards of toxic chemicals in conventional cleaners is driving the demand for eco-friendly cleaners. Many leading brands are introducing plant-based, non-toxic cleaners that are just as effective as their traditional counterparts but are safer for both human and environmental health.
The global Household Cleaners Market is estimated to be valued at US$ 0.86 Bn in 2023 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.46% over the forecast period 2023-2030, as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Market key trends:
One of the key trends driving growth in the household cleaners market is the rising demand for natural and organic multi-surface cleaners. Consumers are increasingly opting for cleaners made from plant-based ingredients like essential oils as they cause less harm to the environment. Many brands have launched cleaning product lines containing ingredients like lemon, eucalyptus and other plant extracts that have disinfecting properties. They market these cleaners as being free from harsh chemicals, toxins, dyes and preservatives. The adoption of organic and eco-friendly formulations is expected to increase significantly over the forecast period as more people prefer sustainable cleaning options.
- Threat of new entrants: Low. Established brands have strong brand recognition and economies of scale which act as barriers for new entrants.
- Bargaining power of buyers: High. Buyers can substitute between various household cleaner brands easily based on pricing and offers.
- Bargaining power of suppliers: Moderate. Key raw materials used in household cleaners such as surfactants and fragrances have many suppliers globally.
- Threat of new substitutes: Moderate. Alternatives such as multipurpose cleaners pose potential threat.
- Competitive rivalry: High. The market is dominated by global players competing on the basis of product differentiation, pricing and marketing.
The global household cleaners market is expected to witness high growth. The global Household Cleaners Market is estimated to be valued at US$ 0.86 Bn in 2023 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.46% over the forecast period 2023-2030.
North America currently dominates the market due to high disposable incomes and developed retail infrastructure. Growth in Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest during the forecast period driven by increasing households and sales through e-commerce in countries like India and China.
Key players operating in the household cleaners market are Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Colgate-Palmolive Company, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, The Procter & Gamble Company and Unilever PLC. These players are focusing on product innovation and expanding their portfolio through new product launches catering to changing consumer preferences. For instance, P&G launched microencapsulation technology based cleaning products that release active ingredients on applying pressure.